Welcome to Travel Minx’s second Carnival of Travel Articles, showcasing some recent travel writing on the web from saving tips to global adventures. Thanks to those who took part!
There are enough entries to merit making this a two-week affair from now on, so the next one will be mid-August.
** = my personal favorites
- Amanda prepares for a big trip and posts her thoughts on Planning at She Has Moxie.
- Yehuda Berlinger ponders The Reasons Why We Travel – Read Before You Go posted at Yehuda. **
- Mike explains Why I Travel: Television Made Me Do It! posted at Vagabondish. **
- Jason Antic announces Our Big, Big Roadtrip Across America is Coming Soon! and provides an introduction to couch surfing posted at We Go to Cool Places.
- Roger Carr writes about volunteer tourism in Make Your Vacation Memorable This Year posted at Everyday Giving Blog.
- Host Bee shares her pre-departure checklist in Preparing for Vacation posted at Busy Bee Lifestyle. **
- Edith Yeung asks What is your Dream? and recounts a trip to Machu Picchu posted at Edith Yeung.Com: Dream. Think. Act.
- Eric Daams presents Why Getting Ripped Off is Alright when traveling posted at From the swivellin’ chair….
- Steve Madsen reviews British Airways – World Traveller Plus (yep, long-haul flights are a bummer) posted at Exit Row Seat.
- Mary Jo Manzanares asks So You Want to be a Flight Attendant? posted at Fly Away Cafe. **
- Stingy Student presents Costliest mistake about the cost of missing a flight posted at Stingy Students.
- Millionaire Mommy Next Door offers 10 Ways to Save on Travel Expenses posted at Millionaire Mommy Next Door.
- Jimson Lee presents Traveling Overseas and Saving Money on International Calls posted at Speedendurance.com. **
- Lubna Kably writes about Little Tibet in South India posted at The Writer’s Cyberslate.
- John Hill presents Koh Samui on a Shoestring posted at Universe Of Success.
- Fellow Kiwi Kara-Leah Masina reveals Why I love New Zealand/Aotearoa, Land of the long white cloud posted at Be Conscious Now.
- John Hill has an Adventure in Cambodia posted at Universe Of Success.
- Paul Dwerryhouse offers advice for anyone traveling to Amsterdam on a budget posted at Last Carriage. **
- Michelle Brown helps with a London Layover: What to do with 8 Hours in London posted at Inspired Diversions.
- Kate Baggott reviews a Frankfurt eatery at A Child-Friendly Restaurant for Grown Ups posted at Babylune.
- Travelrat visits Exbury Garden Railway posted at Travelrat’s Travels.
- Jon takes a segway tour in Tour DC in Style…Segway Style! posted at The DC Traveler.
- Sheila explains 3 Ways to Have a Luxurious Hawaii Vacation on the Cheap and See An Unforgettable Sunrise at the Peak of a Volcano posted at GoVisitHawaii.com. **
- Mike takes The Niagara Wine Trail posted at Days That End in Y.
- Veteran Military Wife reviews Kennedy Space Center and the NEW Shuttle Launch Experience posted at Life Lessons of a Military Wife. **
- Seafarer presents Big Country: The Kansas Flint Hills posted at Family Travel.
- Cade Krueger presents A Trip To Leavenworth posted at Small Business Opportunity.
- Daniel checks out apps in the handy Facebook for Travelers posted at TheLostGlobe. **
- And… Michael presents A Letter In Your Back Pocket: Your Key To The Developing World posted at Traveling Stories Magazine.