When you’re planning a trip, which sites do you hit immediately? Mine are below.
- TripAdvisor.com – reviews, pics, tips, everything you need when planning a trip
- LonelyPlanet.com – needs some work but its Thorn Tree forum is still great for travelers’ Q&As.
- Expedia.com – still one of the best sites for booking and package deals
- TimeOut.com – if you’re heading to a city, find out what’s on
- SeatGuru.com – flying somewhere? Find the best seats on the plane
- Wikitravel.org – open-source country info and must-sees
- Craigslist.org – covers many cities in the world with cheap tickets, freebies and more
- NY Times Travel – some of the best and most inspiring travel writing online
- TravelSense.org – interesting tips, articles and a large community there to help
- Single-Serving.com – forget the heavy guidebook and use these handy print-out pages with tips and phrases
What sites do you recommend?